cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Jan <cne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Fixtures / CI docker
Date Mon, 26 Jan 2015 19:34:04 GMT
Hi Alain;
The requirements are impossible to meet, since you are expected to have a predictable and
determinist tests  while you need "recent data" (max 1 week old data).Reason:   You cannot
have a replicable result set when the data is variable on a weekly basis.
To obtain a replicable test result, I recommend the following: a)   Keep the 'data' expectation
to a point in time which is a known quanta. b)   Load some data into your cluster &
take a snapshot.    Reload this snapshot before every Test for consistent results.
hope this helps.
Jan/C* Architect