cassandra-user mailing list archives

From "wyang"<wy...@v5.cn>
Subject Re: upgrade cassandra from 2.0.6 to 2.1.2
Date Thu, 11 Dec 2014 02:03:02 GMT
Thanks Jonathan. I have upgraded the cluster as you said. Currently it’s running well.

原始邮件
发件人:Jonathan Haddadjon@jonhaddad.com
收件人:useruser@cassandra.apache.org
发送时间:2014年12月10日(周三) 15:26
主题:Re: upgrade cassandra from 2.0.6 to 2.1.2

Yes. It is, in general, a best practice to upgrade to the latest bug fix release before doing
an upgrade to the next point release.

On Tue Dec 09 2014 at 6:58:24 PM wyang wyang@v5.cn wrote:

I looked some upgrade documentations and am a little puzzled.

According tohttps://github.com/apache/cassandra/blob/cassandra-2.1/NEWS.txt, “Rolling upgrades
from anything pre-2.0.7 is not supported”. It means we should upgrade to 2.0.7 or later
first? Can we rolling upgrade to 2.0.7? Do we need upgradestables after that? It seems nothing
specific to note upgrading between 2.0.6 and 2.0.7 in NEWS.txt

Any advice will be kindly appreciated