cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Benyi Wang <bewang.t...@gmail.com>
Subject What happens at server side when using SSTableLoader
Date Mon, 01 Dec 2014 21:58:51 GMT
Is there a page explaining what happens at server side when using
SSTableLoader?

I'm seeking the answers of the following questions:

   1. What's about the existing data in the table? From my test, the data
   in sstable files will be applied to the existing data. Am I right?
      - The new data row or columns in sstable will be created
      - The existing columns will be updated.
      - The deleted row/column are also applied.
   2. What the impact to read operations when you are bulk loading data?

Thanks.