cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Ryan Svihla <rsvi...@datastax.com>
Subject Re: simple data movement ?
Date Thu, 18 Dec 2014 12:00:09 GMT
I'm not sure that'll work with that many version moves in the middle,
upgrades are to my knowledge only tested between specific steps, namely
from 1.2.9 to the latest 2.0.x

http://www.datastax.com/documentation/upgrade/doc/upgrade/cassandra/upgradeC_c.html
Specifically:

Cassandra 2.0.x restrictions¶
<http://www.datastax.com/documentation/upgrade/doc/upgrade/cassandra/upgradeC_c.html?scroll=concept_ds_yqj_5xr_ck__section_ubt_nwr_54>

After downloading DataStax Community <http://planetcassandra.org/cassandra/>,
upgrade to Cassandra directly from Cassandra 1.2.9 or later. Cassandra 2.0
is not network- or SSTable-compatible with versions older than 1.2.9. If
your version of Cassandra is earlier than 1.2.9 and you want to
perform a rolling
restart
<http://www.datastax.com/documentation/cassandra/1.2/cassandra/glossary/gloss_rolling_restart.html>,
first upgrade the entire cluster to 1.2.9, and then to Cassandra 2.0.
Cassandra 2.1.x restrictions¶
<http://www.datastax.com/documentation/upgrade/doc/upgrade/cassandra/upgradeC_c.html?scroll=concept_ds_yqj_5xr_ck__section_qzx_pwr_54>

Upgrade to Cassandra 2.1 from Cassandra 2.0.7 or later.

Cassandra 2.1 is not compatible with Cassandra 1.x SSTables. First upgrade
the nodes to Cassandra 2.0.7 or later, start the cluster, upgrade the
SSTables, stop the cluster, and then upgrade to Cassandra 2.1.

--

[image: datastax_logo.png] <http://www.datastax.com/>

Ryan Svihla

Solution Architect

[image: twitter.png] <https://twitter.com/foundev> [image: linkedin.png]
<http://www.linkedin.com/pub/ryan-svihla/12/621/727/>

DataStax is the fastest, most scalable distributed database technology,
delivering Apache Cassandra to the world’s most innovative enterprises.
Datastax is built to be agile, always-on, and predictably scalable to any
size. With more than 500 customers in 45 countries, DataStax is the
database technology and transactional backbone of choice for the worlds
most innovative companies such as Netflix, Adobe, Intuit, and eBay.