cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Ryan Svihla <rsvi...@datastax.com>
Subject Re: Get column family size
Date Thu, 11 Dec 2014 21:20:28 GMT
So that query in cqlsh actually has a default limit of 10000 and so if
you're timing out trying to retrieve only 10k rows that makes me suspect
you have either a lot of data per row, or you've got a really really
unhappy server.

I'd check the cassandra logs for errors, there is probably a lot more
interesting information in there.

--

[image: datastax_logo.png] <http://www.datastax.com/>

Ryan Svihla

Solution Architect

[image: twitter.png] <https://twitter.com/foundev> [image: linkedin.png]
<http://www.linkedin.com/pub/ryan-svihla/12/621/727/>

DataStax is the fastest, most scalable distributed database technology,
delivering Apache Cassandra to the world’s most innovative enterprises.
Datastax is built to be agile, always-on, and predictably scalable to any
size. With more than 500 customers in 45 countries, DataStax is the
database technology and transactional backbone of choice for the worlds
most innovative companies such as Netflix, Adobe, Intuit, and eBay.