cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Ryan Svihla <rsvi...@datastax.com>
Subject Re: nodetool breaks on firewall ?
Date Fri, 12 Dec 2014 13:19:43 GMT
yes the node needs to restart to have cassandra-env.sh take effect, and the
links you're providing are about making cassandra's JMX bind to the
interface you want, so nodetool isn't really the issue, nodetool can just
take an ip argument to connect to the interface you desire.Something like:

nodetool status -h 10.1.1.100

--

[image: datastax_logo.png] <http://www.datastax.com/>

Ryan Svihla

Solution Architect

[image: twitter.png] <https://twitter.com/foundev> [image: linkedin.png]
<http://www.linkedin.com/pub/ryan-svihla/12/621/727/>

DataStax is the fastest, most scalable distributed database technology,
delivering Apache Cassandra to the world’s most innovative enterprises.
Datastax is built to be agile, always-on, and predictably scalable to any
size. With more than 500 customers in 45 countries, DataStax is the
database technology and transactional backbone of choice for the worlds
most innovative companies such as Netflix, Adobe, Intuit, and eBay.