cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Clint Kelly <clint.ke...@gmail.com>
Subject Best practice for emulating a Cassandra timeout during unit tests?
Date Tue, 09 Dec 2014 19:41:58 GMT
Hi all,

I'd like to write some tests for my code that uses the Cassandra Java
driver to see how it behaves if there is a read timeout while accessing
Cassandra.  Is there a best-practice for getting this done?  I was thinking
about adjusting the settings in the cluster builder to adjust the timeout
settings to be something impossibly low (like 1ms), but I'd rather do
something to my test Cassandra instance (using the
EmbeddedCassandraService) to temporarily slow it down.

Any suggestions?

Best regards,
Clint