cassandra-user mailing list archives

From "Job Thomas" <>
Subject RE: Throughput Vs Latency
Date Fri, 26 Dec 2014 05:45:59 GMT
First of all,the write latency of cassandra is not high(Read is high).
The high throughput is achieved through distributes read and write.
Your doubt ( If Latency is more how come the Throughput is high ) is some what right if you
put high consistency to both read and write.
You will get distributed abilities since it is not Master/Slave architecture(Like HBase).
 If  your consistency is lesser,then some nodes out of all replica nodes are free and will
be used for another read/write . [ Think you are using multithreaded
application ]
Thanks & Regards
Job M Thomas
Platform & Technology
Mob : 7560885748

From: Ajay []
Sent: Fri 12/26/2014 10:46 AM
Subject: Throughput Vs Latency

I am new to No SQL (and Cassandra). As I am going through few articles on Cassandra, it says
Cassandra achieves highest throughput among various No SQL solutions but at the cost of high
 read and write latency. I have a basic question here - (If my understanding is right) Latency
means the time taken to accept input, process and respond back. If Latency is more how come
the Throughput is high?

View raw message