cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Jason Kania <jason.ka...@ymail.com>
Subject Access to locally partitioned data
Date Sun, 14 Dec 2014 21:35:03 GMT
Hello,

I am wondering if there is a way to obtain results from a table where only the results from
the local partition are returned in the query?

To give some background, my application requires millions of timers and since queue-like implementations
are a bad fit/anti-pattern for Cassandra, I am moving to an in-memory system to manage these
timers. However, I would like to partition the timers such that:

1) related DB queries using the same partitioning key are most likely handled locally to minimize
traffic as these timers are short duration in nature
2) there is no need to manage multiple partitioning schemes for the same data as the cluster
grows

In all other respects Cassandra is one of the best databases for my needs as I am using it
for time series data.

Thanks,

Jason