cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Robert Wille <rwi...@fold3.com>
Subject Re: Hinted handoff not working
Date Tue, 16 Dec 2014 16:44:18 GMT
Nope. I added millions of records and several GB to the cluster while one node was down, and
then ran "nodetool flush system hints" on a couple of nodes that were up, and system/hints
has less than 200K in it.

Here’s the relevant part of "nodetool cfstats system.hints":

Keyspace: system
        Read Count: 28572
        Read Latency: 0.01806502869942601 ms.
        Write Count: 351
        Write Latency: 0.04547008547008547 ms.
        Pending Tasks: 0
                Table: hints
                SSTable count: 1
                Space used (live), bytes: 7446
                Space used (total), bytes: 80062
                SSTable Compression Ratio: 0.2651441528992549
                Number of keys (estimate): 128
                Memtable cell count: 1
                Memtable data size, bytes: 1740

The hints are definitely not being stored.

Robert

On Dec 14, 2014, at 11:44 PM, Jens Rantil <jens.rantil@tink.se<mailto:jens.rantil@tink.se>>