cassandra-user mailing list archives

From "Jens Rantil" <jens.ran...@tink.se>
Subject Re: Multi DC informations (sync)
Date Fri, 19 Dec 2014 10:44:23 GMT
Alain,

AFAIK, the DC replication is not linearizable. That is, writes are are not replicated according
to a binlog or similar like MySQL. They are replicated concurrently.

To answer you questions:

1 - Replication lag in Cassandra terms is probably “Hinted handoff”. You’d want to check
the status of that.

2 - `nodetool status` is your friend. It will tell you whether the cluster considers other
nodes reachable or not. Run it on a node in the datacenter that you’d like to test connectivity
from.

Cheers,

Jens

———