cassandra-user mailing list archives

From "Jens Rantil" <>
Subject Re: Hinted handoff not working
Date Mon, 15 Dec 2014 06:44:14 GMT
Hi Robert ,

Maybe you need to flush your memtables to actually see the disk usage increase? This applies
to both hosts.

On Sun, Dec 14, 2014 at 3:52 PM, Robert Wille <> wrote:

> I have a cluster with RF=3. If I shut down one node, add a bunch of data to the cluster,
I don’t see a bunch of records added to system.hints. Also, du of /var/lib/cassandra/data/system/hints
of the nodes that are up shows that hints aren’t being stored. When I start the down node,
its data doesn’t grow until I run repair, which then takes a really long time because it
is significantly out of date. Is there some magic setting I cannot find in the documentation
to enable hinted handoff? I’m running 2.0.11. Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

> Thanks
> Robert
View raw message