cassandra-user mailing list archives

From "Jens Rantil" <>
Subject Re: Cassandra add a node and remove a node
Date Mon, 01 Dec 2014 07:00:23 GMT
Hi Neha,

Generally best practice is to add the new node before removing the old one. This is especially
important if the cluster’s resources (such as available disk space) are low. Also, adding
a node usually asserts that the node is functioning correctly (check logs) before decommisioning
the old node. See [1].

Jens Rantil
Backend engineer
Tink AB

Phone: +46 708 84 18 32

Facebook Linkedin Twitter

On Mon, Dec 1, 2014 at 7:15 AM, Neha Trivedi <>

> Hi,
> I need to Add new Node and remove existing node.
> Should I first remove the node and then add a new node or Add new node and
> then remove existing node.
> Which practice is better and things I need to take care?
> regards
> Neha
View raw message