cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Rahul Neelakantan <ra...@rahul.be>
Subject Re: Hinted handoff not working
Date Sun, 14 Dec 2014 15:02:56 GMT
http://www.datastax.com/documentation/cassandra/2.0/cassandra/configuration/configCassandra_yaml_r.html?scroll=reference_ds_qfg_n1r_1k__hinted_handoff_enabled

Rahul

> On Dec 14, 2014, at 9:46 AM, Robert Wille <rwille@fold3.com> wrote:
>
> I have a cluster with RF=3. If I shut down one node, add a bunch of data to the cluster,
I don’t see a bunch of records added to system.hints. Also, du of /var/lib/cassandra/data/system/hints
of the nodes that are up shows that hints aren’t being stored. When I start the down node,
its data doesn’t grow until I run repair, which then takes a really long time because it
is significantly out of date. Is there some magic setting I cannot find in the documentation
to enable hinted handoff? I’m running 2.0.11. Any insights would be greatly appreciated.