cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Tim Dunphy <bluethu...@gmail.com>
Subject open source cassandra and hadoop
Date Fri, 28 Nov 2014 18:30:38 GMT
Hey all,

 I have a 3 node Cassandra cluster I would like to  hook into hadoop for
processing the information in the Cassandra DB. I know that Datastax
version of Cassandra includes support for Hadoop right out of the box. But
I've been googling around and I don't see any good information on how to do
this.

The Cassandra wiki does mention that there is a way to do this.

http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/HadoopSupport

But the information is old. It only covers version 0.7. And there's still
not a lot of information to go on in that wiki page.

So I was wondering if anyone has ever heard of someone connecting a recent
version of the community edition of Cassandra to Hadoop. And does anybody
know of a guide I can use to do this?

Thanks
Tim

--