cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Chris Lohfink <chris.lohf...@datastax.com>
Subject Re: Multiple SSD disks per sever? Ideal config?
Date Thu, 06 Nov 2014 23:27:37 GMT
If optimizing for IO, use Cassandra's JBOD configuration (list each disk
under data directories in cassandra.yaml).  It would put sstables on the
disk thats least used.  If want to optimize for disk space, I'd go with
RAID0.  Will probably want to tune concurrent reader/writers, stream
throughput (if have network for it) and compaction throughput if you end up
with IO to spare.  I generally would not recommend putting multiple C*
instances on a single box.

---
Chris Lohfink