cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Bryan Talbot <bryan.tal...@playnext.com>
Subject Re: new data not flushed to sstables
Date Mon, 03 Nov 2014 19:59:54 GMT
On Mon, Nov 3, 2014 at 7:44 AM, Sebastian Martinka <
sebastian.martinka@mercateo.com> wrote:

>  System and Keyspace Information:
>
> 4 Nodes
>

> CREATE KEYSPACE restore_test WITH replication = {  'class':
> 'SimpleStrategy',
>
>   'replication_factor': '3'};
>

> I assumed,  that a flush write all data in the sstables and we can use it
> for backup and restore. Did I forget something or is my understanding
> wrong?

I think you forgot that with N=4 and RF=3 that each node will contain
approximately 75% of the data. From a quick eyeball check of the json-dump
you provided, it looks like partition-key values are contained on 3 nodes
and are absent from 1 which is exactly as expected.

-Bryan