cassandra-user mailing list archives

From DuyHai Doan <doanduy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: IF NOT EXISTS on UPDATE statements?
Date Mon, 17 Nov 2014 22:22:22 GMT
"So I foolishly wrote all my code assuming that INSERT/UPDATE were
orthogonal, but now they’re not"

 There are some subtle differences.

 INSERT will create marker columns, UPDATE won't touch/modify them. What
are marker columns ? Some insights here:
http://www.slideshare.net/doanduyhai/cassandra-introduction-40711134/87

"you can still do IF on UPDATE though… but it’s not possible to do IF
mycolumn IS NULL" --> If mycolumn = null should work