cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Russ Bradberry <rbradbe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: C* on Fusion IO
Date Thu, 06 Nov 2014 20:48:50 GMT
I've heard of people running dense nodes (8+ TB) using fusion I/O, but with 10GBe connections.
I mean why buy a Ferrari and never leave first gear?

As far as saturating the network goes, I guess that all depends on your workload, and how
often you need to repair.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Nov 6, 2014, at 3:40 PM, Kevin Burton <burton@spinn3r.com> wrote:
>
> We’re looking at switching data centers and they’re offering pretty aggressive pricing
on boxes with fusion IO cards.

> 2x 1.2TB Fusion IO
> 128GB RAM
> 20 cores.
>
> now.. this isn’t the typical cassandra box.  Most people are running multiple nodes
to scale out vs scale vertically.  But these boxes are priced aggressively and honestly I
think that cassandra would be able to saturate the gigabit ethernet port on these machines.