cassandra-user mailing list archives

From "Lu, Boying" <>
Subject RE: A questiion to adding a new data center
Date Sun, 23 Nov 2014 10:04:06 GMT
This is what I want to know.

Thanks a lot ☺

From: Mark Reddy []
Sent: 2014年11月21日 18:07
Subject: Re: A questiion to adding a new data center

Hi Boying,

I'm not sure I fully understand your question here, so some clarification may be needed. However,
if you are asking what steps need to be performed on the current datacenter or on the new

Step 1 - Current DC
Step 2 - New DC
Step 3 - Depending on the snitch you may need to make changes on both the current and new
Step 4 - Client config
Step 5 - Client config
Step 6 - New DC
Step 7 - New DC
Step 8 - New DC

On 21 November 2014 03:27, Lu, Boying <<>>
Hi, all,

I read the document about how to adding a new data center to existing clusters posted at
But I have a question: Are all those steps executed only at the new adding cluster or on
existing clusters also? ( Step 7 is to be executed on the new cluster according to the document).

View raw message