cassandra-user mailing list archives

From André Cruz <andre.c...@co.sapo.pt>
Subject Re: Repair completes successfully but data is still inconsistent
Date Mon, 24 Nov 2014 18:39:37 GMT
On 21 Nov 2014, at 19:01, Robert Coli <rcoli@eventbrite.com> wrote:

> 2- Why won’t repair propagate this column value to the other nodes? Repairs have run
everyday and the value is still missing on the other nodes.

> No idea. Are you sure it's not expired via TTL or masked in some other way? When you
ask that node for it at CL.ONE, do you get this value?

This data does not use TTLs. What other reason could there be for a mask? If I connect using
cassandra-cli to that specific node, which becomes the coordinator, is it guaranteed to not
ask another node when CL is ONE and it contains that row?

> Cassandra has never stored data consistently except by fortunate accident.”

I wish I had read that a few years back. :)

Thank you,
André