cassandra-user mailing list archives

From "Jens Rantil" <jens.ran...@tink.se>
Subject Cassandra schema migrator
Date Tue, 25 Nov 2014 09:22:01 GMT
Hi,

Anyone who is using, or could recommend, a tool for versioning schemas/migrating in Cassandra?
My list of requirements is:
 * Support for adding tables.
 * Support for versioning of table properties. All our tables are to be defaulted to LeveledCompactionStrategy.
 * Support for adding non-existing columns.
 * Optional: Support for removing columns.
 * Optional: Support for removing tables.

We are preferably a Java shop, but could potentially integrate something non-Java. I understand
I could write a tool that would make these decisions using system.schema_columnfamilies and
system.schema_columns, but as always reusing a proven tool would be preferable.

So far I only know of Spring Data Cassandra that handles creating tables and adding columns.
However, it does not handle table properties in any way.

Thanks,
Jens

———
Jens Rantil