cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Donald Smith <Donald.Sm...@audiencescience.com>
Subject RE: stream_throughput_outbound_megabits_per_sec
Date Wed, 22 Oct 2014 16:03:31 GMT

the entire file?  Or only a block of it?

Don

From: Marcus Eriksson [mailto:krummas@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, October 17, 2014 4:05 AM
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: Re: stream_throughput_outbound_megabits_per_sec

On Thu, Oct 16, 2014 at 1:54 AM, Donald Smith <Donald.Smith@audiencescience.com<mailto:Donald.Smith@audiencescience.com>>
wrote:

stream_throughput_outbound_megabits_per_sec  is the timeout per operation on the streaming
socket.   The docs recommend not to have it too low (because a timeout causes streaming to
restart from the beginning). But the default 0 never times out.  What's a reasonable value?

no, it is not a timeout, it states how fast sstables are streamed

Does it stream an entire SSTable in one operation? I doubt it.  How large is the object it
streams in one operation?  I'm tempted to put the timeout at 30 seconds or 1 minute. Is that
too low?

unsure what you meat by 'operation' here, but it is one tcp connection, streaming the whole
file (if thats what we want)

/Marcus