cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Robert Coli <rc...@eventbrite.com>
Subject Re: Compact tables when offline
Date Mon, 13 Oct 2014 20:41:43 GMT
On Mon, Oct 13, 2014 at 12:26 PM, Sholes, Joshua <
Joshua_Sholes@cable.comcast.com> wrote:

>  I thought setcompactionthroughput just adjusted the compaction speed
> when the server is online?  I'm looking for something like a scrub (which
> as far as I know does not do this) that will compat the tables
> appropriately while the Cassandra daemon is down.

Oh, sorry I missed the "offline" detail. No.

You could bring up the node with join_ring=false and compact, and then join
the ring. But if you really want the node to be isolated, you may need to
disablegossip/disablethrift and/or firewall with iptables for the duration.

=Rob