cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Alain RODRIGUEZ <arodr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Repair hangs, seems to be stuck somehow
Date Mon, 20 Oct 2014 20:59:25 GMT
Hi guys.

It seems that there were 2 streams hanging to one node, restarting this
targeted node seems to have solved my issue, repairs are now running.
Waiting to see if it completes.

"Try repairing only one CF at a time, starting with the smallest ones
and/or the ones whose data you care about the most?"

Thanks Robert, I believe this is a good idea but I was doing it already.

"If you are really overprovisioned and on real hardware and network and
SSD, it might work sometimes."

I am on AWS and was on m1.small to m1.xlarge from Cassandra 0.8 to 1.2.18,
that's the first time a repair hangs for me. At least it is the first time
I notices it. Maybe were I lucky somehow.

Anyway, thanks for helping once again.

Alain