cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Sumod Pawgi <spa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: cassandra stress tools
Date Thu, 02 Oct 2014 03:30:47 GMT
Not a direct answer to your post but you can also take a look at YCSB.

Sent from my iPhone

> On 01-Oct-2014, at 8:38 pm, shahab <shahab.mokari@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to benchmark our custom schema in Cassandra and I managed to run it. However
there are couple of setting and issues which I couldn't find any solution/explanation for.
I appreciate any comments.
> 1- The default number of warm-up iterations in stress tool is about 50000. I would like
to reduce this number (due to my storage space limitations), but I couldn't find any input
parameters to do this. I just wonder if this setting is possible ?

> 2- I did not understand well what does the output of cassandra stress tool mean? I read
 this http://www.datastax.com/documentation/cassandra/2.1/cassandra/tools/toolsCStressOutput_c.html,
but . for example, what does "latency" means here? does it mean how long a read/write operation
is delayed until it is executed? in this case, what is the measure for actual read/write operation?
> It seems that the documentation is outdated, there is an output parameter "partition_rate"
which is not explained in documentation?