cassandra-user mailing list archives

From "Syed, Basit B. (NSN - FI/Espoo)" <basit.b.s...@nsn.com>
Subject Load balancing in C* Cluster
Date Tue, 28 Oct 2014 10:38:00 GMT
Hi,
I am learning C* and its usage these days. I have a very simple, possibly naive question about
load balancing.

I know that C* can automatically balance the load itself by using tokens. But what about connecting
my cluster to a system. For exp, if we have a client or a set of clients (e.g. 12 client machines)
accessing a 3-node C* cluster. All three nodes are independent and talk with each other through
gossip. This means that we have three IP addresses to connect to a cluster.

What should be the best strategy for clients to access these IP addresses? Should we connect
four clients each to only one node? OR all 12 clients should see and connect all three nodes?
Which strategy is better? Is there any resources available on web for this kind of issue?

Regards,
Basit