cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Colin <co...@clark.ws>
Subject Re: opscenter with community cassandra
Date Tue, 28 Oct 2014 18:25:41 GMT
Ken, go ahead and check the difference in functionality between licensed and not, and what
it takes to run a cluster and then get back to me.

Not only did I used to work for datastax, but before then was the lead architecht for a very
large projecy using cassandra.  Please dont confuse apache cassandra with datatstax proprietary
offerings.

And now I will tell you that, in a blanket statement, opscenter *IS NOT READY FOR A PRODUCTION
ENVIRONMENT*

Your mileage may vary, and you might not take security very seriously, so go head and expose
your cluster.

Enjoy!
--
Colin Clark
+1-320-221-9531

> On Oct 28, 2014, at 10:52 AM, Ken Hancock <ken.hancock@schange.com> wrote:
>
> Your criteria for what is appropriate for production may differ from others, but it's
equally incorrect of you to make a blanket statement that OpsCenter isn't suitable for production.
 A number of people use it in production.

>> On Tue, Oct 28, 2014 at 11:48 AM, Colin <colin@clark.ws> wrote:
>> No, actually, you cant Tyler.
>>
>> If you mean the useless information it provides outside of licence, fine,  if you
mean the components outside, then same argument.

>> Last time i checked, this forumn was about apache and not about datastax.  Maybe
a separate group should be deducated to provider specific offerings.

>> --
>> Colin Clark
>> +1-320-221-9531

>>> You can use OpsCenter community in production (however you'd like).
>>>

>>> --
>>> Tyler Hobbs
>>> DataStax
>

> --
> Ken Hancock | System Architect, Advanced Advertising
> SeaChange International
> 50 Nagog Park
> Acton, Massachusetts 01720
> ken.hancock@schange.com | www.schange.com | NASDAQ:SEAC
> Office: +1 (978) 889-3329 |  ken.hancock@schange.com | hancockks | hancockks
>

> This e-mail and any attachments may contain information which is SeaChange International
confidential. The information enclosed is intended only for the addressees herein and may
not be copied or forwarded without permission from SeaChange International.