cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Colin <colpcl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: which snitch ?
Date Sun, 26 Oct 2014 20:56:46 GMT
I would try propertyfilesnitch and use the public ip's of the nodes in aws.  You'll need to
set the configuration files on each node.

> On Oct 26, 2014, at 9:44 PM, Srinivas Chamarthi <srinivas.chamarthi@gmail.com>
wrote:

> what about for the nodes on the private cloud cluster ? if I mention, ec2MultiRegion,
it is failing since it is trying to invoking aws api on the node inside the snitch. should
I mention GossipingPropertyFileSnitch ? I am not sure if I can mix and match. can someone
advise me ?

> thx
> srinivas
>
>> On Sat, Oct 25, 2014 at 9:13 PM, Arun <arunsirik@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Srinivas,
>>
>> Use ec2multiregion snitch.
>>

>> > On Oct 25, 2014, at 19:47, Srinivas Chamarthi <srinivas.chamarthi@gmail.com>
wrote:

>> > I am using a datacenter in private network and want to replicate data to an
ec2 data center. I am confused which snitch to use so that my data in the dc1 is replicated
to dc2 in ec2 ?  any help is greatly appreciated