cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Jan Algermissen <jan.algermis...@nordsc.com>
Subject Re: Exploring Queueing
Date Sun, 12 Oct 2014 20:25:20 GMT
Hi all,

thanks again for the comments.

I have created an (improved?) design, this time using dedicated consumers per shard and time-based
row expire, hence without immediate deletes.

https://github.com/algermissen/cassandra-ruby-sharded-workers

As before, comments are welcome.

Jan

On 06 Oct 2014, at 22:50, Robert Coli <rcoli@eventbrite.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 6, 2014 at 1:40 PM, Jan Algermissen <jan.algermissen@nordsc.com> wrote:
> Hmm, I was under the impression that issues with old queue state disappear after gc_grace_seconds
and that the goal primarily is to keep the rows ‘short’ enough to achieve a tombstones
read performance impact that one can live with in a given use case.

> The design I pasted does a link to does not include specifics regarding pruning old history.
Yes, you can just delete it, if your system design doesn't require replay from the start.