cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Sumod Pawgi <spa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: disk space issue
Date Wed, 01 Oct 2014 06:34:09 GMT
In the past in such scenarios it has helped us to check the partition where cassandra is installed
and allocate more space for the partition. Maybe it is a disk space issue but it is good to
check if it is related to the space allocation for the partition issue. My 2 cents.

Sent from my iPhone

> On 01-Oct-2014, at 11:53 am, Dominic Letz <dominicletz@exosite.com> wrote:
>
> This is a shot into the dark but you could check whether you have too many snapshots
laying around that you actually don't need. You can get rid of those with a quick "nodetool
clearsnapshot".

>> On Wed, Oct 1, 2014 at 5:49 AM, cem <cayiroglu@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I have a 7 node cluster. One node ran out of disk space and others are around 80%
disk utilization.
>> The data has 10 days TTL but I think compaction wasn't fast enough to clean up the
expired data.  gc_grace value is set default. I have a replication factor of 3. Do you think
that it may help if I delete all data for that node and run repair. Does node repair check
the ttl value before retrieving data from other nodes? Do you have any other suggestions?