cassandra-user mailing list archives

From "Jens Rantil" <jens.ran...@tink.se>
Subject Re: Cluster/node with inconsistent schema
Date Wed, 22 Oct 2014 15:50:25 GMT
Hi again,

Follow-up: The incorrect schema propagated to other servers. Luckily this was a smaller table.
I dropped the table and noticed that no sstables were removed. I then created the table again,
and truncated it instead. This removed all the sstables and things look good now.

Cheers,

Jens

———
Jens Rantil
Backend engineer
Tink AB

Email: jens.rantil@tink.se
Phone: +46 708 84 18 32
Web: www.tink.se

Facebook Linkedin Twitter

On Wed, Oct 22, 2014 at 4:05 PM, Jens Rantil <jens.rantil@tink.se> wrote:

> Hi,
> I have a table that I dropped, recreated with two clustering primary keys (only had a
single partition key before), and loaded previous data into the table.
> I started noticing that a single node of mine was not able to do `ORDER BY` executions
on the table (while the other nodes were). What was interesting was that `DESCRIBE TABLE mytable`
showed correct PRIMARY KEY, and schema version was the same on all machines when I looked
at system.peers as well as system.local.
> On the failing node I was seeing exceptions such as https://gist.github.com/JensRantil/c6b2df5a5a2e12cdd3df.
> I restarted the failing node in the belief the maybe I would force the gossip to get
into a consistent state. Now I am, instead, getting RPC timeout when trying to SELECT against
the table while logs are giving me https://gist.github.com/JensRantil/3b238e47dd6cd33732c1.
> Any input appreciated. Would you suggest I drain the node, clear all sstables (rm -fr
/var/lib/cassandra/mykeyspace/mytable/*), boot up Cassandra and run a full repair?