cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Donald Smith <Donald.Sm...@audiencescience.com>
Subject Experience with multihoming cassandra?
Date Thu, 25 Sep 2014 16:58:12 GMT
We have large boxes with 256G of RAM and SSDs.      From iostat, top, and sar we think the
system has excess capacity.  Anyone have recommendations about multihoming<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multihoming>
cassandra on such a node (connecting it to multiple IPs and running multiple cassandras simultaneously)?
     I'm skeptical, since Cassandra already has built-in multi-threading and since if the
node went down multiple nodes would disappear.  We're using C* version 2.0.9.

A google/bing search for  multihoming cassandra doesn't turn much up.

Donald A. Smith | Senior Software Engineer
P: 425.201.3900 x 3866
C: (206) 819-5965
F: (646) 443-2333
donalds@AudienceScience.com<mailto:donalds@AudienceScience.com>