cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Oleg Ruchovets <oruchov...@gmail.com>
Subject cassandra + spark / pyspark
Date Wed, 10 Sep 2014 15:35:12 GMT
Hi ,
  I try to evaluate different option of spark + cassandra and I have couple
of questions:
  My aim is to use cassandra+spark  without hadoop:

1) Is it possible to use only cassandra as input/output parameter for
PySpark?
  2) In case I'll use Spark (java,scala) is it possible to use only
cassandra - input/output without hadoop?
  3) I know there are couple of strategies for storage level, in case my
data set is quite big and I have no enough memory to process - can I use
DISK_ONLY option without hadoop (having only cassandra)?
4) please share your experience how stable cassandra + spark integration?

Thanks
Oleg