cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Robert Coli <rc...@eventbrite.com>
Subject Re: Quickly loading C* dataset into memory (row cache)
Date Mon, 15 Sep 2014 18:09:37 GMT
On Sat, Sep 13, 2014 at 11:48 PM, Paulo Ricardo Motta Gomes <
paulo.motta@chaordicsystems.com> wrote:

> Apparently Apple is using Cassandra as a massive multi-DC cache, as per
> their announcement during the summit, but probably DSE with in-memory
> enabled option. Would love to hear about similar use cases.

There's caches and there's caches. I submit that, thus far, the usage of
the term "cache" in this conversation has not been specific enough to
enhance understanding.

I continue to assert, in a very limited scope, that 6GB of row cache in
Cassandra on a system with 7GB of RAM is Doing It Wrong.  :D

=Rob