cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Robert Coli <>
Subject Re: "Failed to enable shuffling" error
Date Mon, 08 Sep 2014 21:59:39 GMT
On Mon, Sep 8, 2014 at 2:01 PM, Tim Heckman <> wrote:

> We're still using the 1.2.x branch of Cassandra, and will be for some
> time due to the thrift deprecation. Has it only been removed from the
> 2.x line?

Other than the fact that 2.0.x is not production ready yet, there's no
reason not to go to newer versions. Thrift is deprecated and unmaintained
in versions above 2.0 but is unlikely to be actually removed from the
codebase for at least another 3 or 4 major versions. In fact, the official
statement is that there are no plans to remove it; let us hope that's not

View raw message