cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Pavel Kogan <>
Subject Pending tasks are not being processed.
Date Thu, 04 Sep 2014 15:09:31 GMT
Hi all,

Yesterday I put a lot of blobs into Cassandra and it created many, probably
compaction, pending tasks (few hundreds according to Ops Center). On all
nodes all pending tasks were eventually processed, but on one problematic,
I see no related activity. Problematic node seems to be responsive and no
errors in logs. What can be the reason?

Cassandra ver: multiple versions on 14 nodes (2.0.8 and 2.0.9)
OpsCenter ver: 4.1.2
Compaction type: leveled (we had capacity issues with size-tiered).

To process pending task as fast as possible, I temporary
changed compaction_throughput_mb_per_sec to 0 on this specific node. It
helps, but only when compaction running, and currently pending tasks are
not being processed.

View raw message