cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Arthur Zubarev <>
Subject Re: Indexes Fragmentation
Date Sun, 28 Sep 2014 16:41:58 GMT
More info: the RDBMS based db gets changed by writers in a vicinity of 40-50% of all data e.g.
100GB a week.
 The indexes can be defrugged, which is both expensive and time consuming. Many indexes become
quickly out of date.

Not sure what you mean in retrospect to consistency against indexes.

I doubt there is room for bugs, this is a "by design" application behaviour.

---- Original Message ----
From: Hannu Kröger <>
To: user <>
Sent: Sun, Sep 28, 2014 11:30 am
Subject: Re: Indexes Fragmentation

I think more information is needed before this question can be answered. In many cases you
manage the indexes by yourself. If that breaks, then you have a consistency problem or a bug
in your own code. Consistency is tunable (trade off with performance and availability) and
bugs can be fixed.  In any case, if you can shed a bit light on the use case, then it would
be easier to answer your question.