cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Rahul Neelakantan <ra...@rahul.be>
Subject Re: Questions about cleaning up/purging Hinted Handoffs
Date Wed, 10 Sep 2014 10:24:19 GMT
Will try... Thank you

Rahul Neelakantan

> On Sep 10, 2014, at 12:01 AM, Rahul Menon <rahul@apigee.com> wrote:
>
> I use jmxterm. http://wiki.cyclopsgroup.org/jmxterm/ attach it to your c* process and
then use the org.apache.cassandra.db:HintedHandoffManager bean and run deleteHintsforEndpoint
<ip> to drop hints for each ip.

>> On Wed, Sep 10, 2014 at 3:37 AM, Rahul Neelakantan <rahul@rahul.be> wrote:
>> RF=3, two DCs. (Going to 1.2.x in a few weeks)
>>
>> What's the procedure to drop via JMX?
>>
>> - Rahul
>> 1-678-451-4545 (US)
>> +91 99018-06625 (India)
>>

>>> On Sep 9, 2014, at 9:23 AM, Rahul Menon <rahul@apigee.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Yep, the hinted handoff in 1.0.8 is abysmal at best. What is your replication
facter, i have had huge hints pile up, where i had to drop the entire coloumn family and then
run a repair. Either that or you can use the JMX HintedHandoffManager and delete hints per
endpoint. Also it maybe worthwhile to investigate why you have hints pile up

>>> Rahul

but the large compacted hints stable still sticks around, perhaps it is a bug with that version
.