cassandra-user mailing list archives

From James Briggs <james.bri...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: backport of CASSANDRA-6916
Date Tue, 16 Sep 2014 23:25:26 GMT
Paulo:

Out of curiosity, why not just upgrade to 2.1 if you want the new features?

You know you want to! :)

Thanks, James Briggs
--
Cassandra/MySQL DBA. Available in San Jose area or remote.

________________________________
 From: Robert Coli <rcoli@eventbrite.com>
To: "user@cassandra.apache.org" <user@cassandra.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, September 16, 2014 4:13 PM
Subject: Re: backport of CASSANDRA-6916

On Tue, Sep 16, 2014 at 2:56 PM, Paulo Ricardo Motta Gomes <paulo.motta@chaordicsystems.com>
wrote:

Has anyone backported incremental replacement of compacted SSTables (CASSANDRA-6916) to 2.0?
Is it doable or there are many dependencies introduced in 2.1?

>Haven't checked the ticket detail yet, but just in case anyone has interesting info to
share.

Are you looking to patch for public consumption, or for your own purposes?

I just took the temperature of #cassandra-dev and they were cold on the idea as a public patch,
because of potential impact on stability.

=Rob