cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Rahul Neelakantan <>
Subject Re: Questions about cleaning up/purging Hinted Handoffs
Date Tue, 09 Sep 2014 22:07:13 GMT
RF=3, two DCs. (Going to 1.2.x in a few weeks)

What's the procedure to drop via JMX?

- Rahul
1-678-451-4545 (US)
+91 99018-06625 (India)

On Sep 9, 2014, at 9:23 AM, Rahul Menon <> wrote:

> Yep, the hinted handoff in 1.0.8 is abysmal at best. What is your replication facter,
i have had huge hints pile up, where i had to drop the entire coloumn family and then run
a repair. Either that or you can use the JMX HintedHandoffManager and delete hints per endpoint.
Also it maybe worthwhile to investigate why you have hints pile up
> Rahul
> On Mon, Sep 8, 2014 at 11:09 PM, Robert Coli <> wrote:
>> On Fri, Sep 5, 2014 at 3:20 PM, Rahul Neelakantan <> wrote:
>>> The reason I asked about he hints is because I see hints being replayed but the
large compacted hints stable still sticks around, perhaps it is a bug with that version .
>> I've seen this behavior with HH in older versions, so probably.
>> =Rob

View raw message