cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Russell Bradberry <>
Subject Re: MapReduce Integration?
Date Tue, 26 Aug 2014 13:41:06 GMT
If you want true integration of Cassandra and Hadoop and Spark then you will need to use Datastax
Enterprise (DSE).  There are connectors that will allow MapReduce over vanilla Cassandra,
however, they are just making requests to Cassandra under the covers while DSE uses CFS which
is similar to HDFS.