cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Chris Lohfink <clohf...@blackbirdit.com>
Subject Re: MapReduce Integration?
Date Tue, 26 Aug 2014 15:57:07 GMT
There is a "Bring your own Hadoop" for DSE as well: http://www.datastax.com/documentation/datastax_enterprise/4.5/datastax_enterprise/byoh/byohIntro.html

Can also run hadoop against your backup/snapshots:
https://github.com/Netflix/aegisthus
https://github.com/fullcontact/hadoop-sstable

Chris

On Aug 26, 2014, at 8:41 AM, Russell Bradberry <rbradberry@gmail.com> wrote:

> If you want true integration of Cassandra and Hadoop and Spark then you will need to
use Datastax Enterprise (DSE).  There are connectors that will allow MapReduce over vanilla
Cassandra, however, they are just making requests to Cassandra under the covers while DSE
uses CFS which is similar to HDFS.

> On August 26, 2014 at 9:23:38 AM, Oliver Ruebenacker (curoli@gmail.com) wrote:
>

>>      Hello,
>>
>>   I read that Cassandra has had MapReduce integration since early on. There are instructions
on how to use Hadoop or Spark. However, it appears to me that according to these instructions,
Hadoop and Spark just submit requests to Cassandra just like any other client would. So, I'm
not sure what is meant by "integration".