cassandra-user mailing list archives

From "Adaryl \"Bob\" Wakefield, MBA" <adaryl.wakefi...@hotmail.com>
Subject Machine Learning With Cassandra
Date Sat, 30 Aug 2014 02:24:59 GMT
I’m planning to speak at a local meet-up and I need to know if what I have in my head is
even possible.
I want to give an example of working with data in Cassandra. I have data coming in through
Kafka and Storm and I’m saving it off to Cassandra (this is only on paper at this point).
I then want to run an ML algorithm over the data. My problem here is, while my data is distributed,
I don’t know how to do the analysis in a distributed manner. I could certainly use R but
processing the data on a single machine would seem to defeat the purpose of all this scalability.
What is my solution?
B.