cassandra-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Vivek Mishra <mishra.v...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Installing Cassandra Multinode on CentOs coming up with exception
Date Tue, 26 Aug 2014 12:36:14 GMT
Please read about http://www.yaml.org/start.html.
Looks like formatting issue. You might be missing/adding incorrect spaces

Validate your YAML file. This should help you out
http://yamllint.com/

-Vivek


On Tue, Aug 26, 2014 at 4:20 PM, Vineet Mishra <clearmidoubt@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Mark,
>
> Yes I was generating my own cassandra.yaml with the configuration
> mentioned below,
>
> cluster_name: 'node'
> initial_token: 0
> num_tokens: 256
> seed_provider:
>     - class_name: org.apache.cassandra.locator.SimpleSeedProvider
> parameters:
>     - seeds: "192.168.1.32"
> listen_address: 192.168.1.32
> rpc_address: 0.0.0.0
> endpoint_snitch: RackInferringSnitch
>
> Similarly for second node
>
> cluster_name: 'node'
> initial_token: 2305843009213693952
> num_tokens: 256
> seed_provider:
>     - class_name: org.apache.cassandra.locator.SimpleSeedProvider
> parameters:
>     - seeds: "192.168.1.32"
> listen_address: 192.168.1.36
> rpc_address: 0.0.0.0
> endpoint_snitch: RackInferringSnitch
>
> and so on. . .
>
>
>
> But even if I use default xml with the necessary configurational changes I
> am getting following error.
>
>  INFO 16:13:38,225 Loading settings from
> file:/home/cluster/cassandra/conf/cassandra.yaml
> ERROR 16:13:38,301 Fatal configuration error
> org.apache.cassandra.exceptions.ConfigurationException: Invalid yaml
>  at
> org.apache.cassandra.config.YamlConfigurationLoader.loadConfig(YamlConfigurationLoader.java:100)
> at
> org.apache.cassandra.config.DatabaseDescriptor.loadConfig(DatabaseDescriptor.java:135)
>  at
> org.apache.cassandra.config.DatabaseDescriptor.<clinit>(DatabaseDescriptor.java:111)
> at
> org.apache.cassandra.service.CassandraDaemon.setup(CassandraDaemon.java:156)
>  at
> org.apache.cassandra.service.CassandraDaemon.activate(CassandraDaemon.java:496)
> at
> org.apache.cassandra.service.CassandraDaemon.main(CassandraDaemon.java:585)
> Caused by: while parsing a block mapping
>  in 'reader', line 10, column 2:
>      cluster_name: 'node'
>      ^
> expected <block end>, but found BlockMappingStart
>  in 'reader', line 30, column 3:
>       initial_token: 0
>       ^
>
> at
> org.yaml.snakeyaml.parser.ParserImpl$ParseBlockMappingKey.produce(ParserImpl.java:570)
>  at org.yaml.snakeyaml.parser.ParserImpl.peekEvent(ParserImpl.java:158)
> at org.yaml.snakeyaml.parser.ParserImpl.checkEvent(ParserImpl.java:143)
>  at
> org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.composeMappingNode(Composer.java:230)
> at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.composeNode(Composer.java:159)
>  at
> org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.composeDocument(Composer.java:122)
> at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.getSingleNode(Composer.java:105)
>  at
> org.yaml.snakeyaml.constructor.BaseConstructor.getSingleData(BaseConstructor.java:120)
> at org.yaml.snakeyaml.Yaml.loadFromReader(Yaml.java:481)
>  at org.yaml.snakeyaml.Yaml.loadAs(Yaml.java:475)
> at
> org.apache.cassandra.config.YamlConfigurationLoader.loadConfig(YamlConfigurationLoader.java:93)
>  ... 5 more
> Invalid yaml
>
> Could you figure out whats making the yaml invalid.
>
> Thanks!
>
>
> On Tue, Aug 26, 2014 at 4:06 PM, Mark Reddy <mark.l.reddy@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> You are missing commitlog_sync in your cassandra.yaml.
>>
>> Are you generating your own cassandra.yaml or editing the package
>> default? If you are generating your own there are several configuration
>> options that are required and if not present, Cassandra will fail to
>> start.
>>
>>
>> Regards,
>> Mark
>>
>>
>> On 26 August 2014 11:14, Vineet Mishra <clearmidoubt@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks Mark,
>>> That was indeed yaml formatting issue.
>>> Moreover I am getting the underlying error now,
>>>
>>> INFO 15:33:43,770 Loading settings from
>>> file:/home/cluster/cassandra/conf/cassandra.yaml
>>>  INFO 15:33:44,100 Data files directories: [/var/lib/cassandra/data]
>>>  INFO 15:33:44,101 Commit log directory: /var/lib/cassandra/commitlog
>>> ERROR 15:33:44,103 Fatal configuration error
>>> org.apache.cassandra.exceptions.ConfigurationException: Missing required
>>> directive CommitLogSync
>>>  at
>>> org.apache.cassandra.config.DatabaseDescriptor.applyConfig(DatabaseDescriptor.java:147)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.cassandra.config.DatabaseDescriptor.<clinit>(DatabaseDescriptor.java:111)
>>>  at
>>> org.apache.cassandra.service.CassandraDaemon.setup(CassandraDaemon.java:156)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.cassandra.service.CassandraDaemon.activate(CassandraDaemon.java:496)
>>>  at
>>> org.apache.cassandra.service.CassandraDaemon.main(CassandraDaemon.java:585)
>>> Missing required directive CommitLogSync
>>> Fatal configuration error; unable to start. See log for stacktrace.
>>>
>>> Do you have any idea about this.
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>>
>>>
>>> On Tue, Aug 26, 2014 at 3:07 PM, Mark Reddy <mark.l.reddy@gmail.com>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>>> It is telling you that your yaml is invalid, from looking at the
>>>> snippet you have provided it looks like the seed_provider.parameters is not
>>>> correctly indented, it should look something like:
>>>>
>>>> seed_provider:
>>>>   - class_name: org.apache.cassandra.locator.SimpleSeedProvider
>>>>     parameters:
>>>>          - seeds: "192.168.1.32"
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Regards,
>>>> Mark
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> On 26 August 2014 08:12, Vineet Mishra <clearmidoubt@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> Hi All,
>>>>>
>>>>> I am installing Cassandra Multinode Setup on a 4 node CentOs Cluster,
>>>>> my cassandra.yaml looks like so
>>>>>
>>>>> cluster_name: 'node'
>>>>> initial_token: 0
>>>>> num_tokens: 256
>>>>> seed_provider:
>>>>>     - class_name: org.apache.cassandra.locator.SimpleSeedProvider
>>>>> parameters:
>>>>>     - seeds: "192.168.1.32"
>>>>> listen_address: 192.168.1.32
>>>>> rpc_address: 0.0.0.0
>>>>> endpoint_snitch: RackInferringSnitch
>>>>>
>>>>> Similarly cassandra.yaml for second node
>>>>>
>>>>> cluster_name: 'node'
>>>>> initial_token: 2305843009213693952
>>>>> num_tokens: 256
>>>>> seed_provider:
>>>>>     - class_name: org.apache.cassandra.locator.SimpleSeedProvider
>>>>> parameters:
>>>>>     - seeds: "192.168.1.32"
>>>>> listen_address: 192.168.1.36
>>>>> rpc_address: 0.0.0.0
>>>>> endpoint_snitch: RackInferringSnitch
>>>>>
>>>>> and so on. . .
>>>>>
>>>>> While trying to start the Server running on the Seed
>>>>> node(192.168.1.32) it throws this nasty exception and didn't start,
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> -bash-4.1$ sudo bin/cassandra
>>>>>
>>>>> -bash-4.1$  INFO 12:19:46,653 Logging initialized
>>>>>  INFO 12:19:46,688 Loading settings from
>>>>> file:/home/cluster/cassandra/conf/cassandra.yaml
>>>>> ERROR 12:19:46,985 Fatal configuration error
>>>>> org.apache.cassandra.exceptions.ConfigurationException: Invalid yaml
>>>>>  at
>>>>> org.apache.cassandra.config.YamlConfigurationLoader.loadConfig(YamlConfigurationLoader.java:100)
>>>>> at
>>>>> org.apache.cassandra.config.DatabaseDescriptor.loadConfig(DatabaseDescriptor.java:135)
>>>>>  at
>>>>> org.apache.cassandra.config.DatabaseDescriptor.<clinit>(DatabaseDescriptor.java:111)
>>>>> at
>>>>> org.apache.cassandra.service.CassandraDaemon.setup(CassandraDaemon.java:156)
>>>>>  at
>>>>> org.apache.cassandra.service.CassandraDaemon.activate(CassandraDaemon.java:496)
>>>>> at
>>>>> org.apache.cassandra.service.CassandraDaemon.main(CassandraDaemon.java:585)
>>>>> Caused by: Can't construct a java object for tag:yaml.org,2002:org.apache.cassandra.config.Config;
>>>>> exception=Cannot create property=seed_provider for
>>>>> JavaBean=org.apache.cassandra.config.Config@676c6370;
>>>>> java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
>>>>>  in 'reader', line 1, column 1:
>>>>>     cluster_name: 'pcross'
>>>>>     ^
>>>>>
>>>>> at
>>>>> org.yaml.snakeyaml.constructor.Constructor$ConstructYamlObject.construct(Constructor.java:333)
>>>>>  at
>>>>> org.yaml.snakeyaml.constructor.BaseConstructor.constructObject(BaseConstructor.java:182)
>>>>> at
>>>>> org.yaml.snakeyaml.constructor.BaseConstructor.constructDocument(BaseConstructor.java:141)
>>>>>  at
>>>>> org.yaml.snakeyaml.constructor.BaseConstructor.getSingleData(BaseConstructor.java:127)
>>>>> at org.yaml.snakeyaml.Yaml.loadFromReader(Yaml.java:481)
>>>>>  at org.yaml.snakeyaml.Yaml.loadAs(Yaml.java:475)
>>>>> at
>>>>> org.apache.cassandra.config.YamlConfigurationLoader.loadConfig(YamlConfigurationLoader.java:93)
>>>>>  ... 5 more
>>>>> Caused by: org.yaml.snakeyaml.error.YAMLException: Cannot create
>>>>> property=seed_provider for
>>>>> JavaBean=org.apache.cassandra.config.Config@676c6370;
>>>>> java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
>>>>>  at
>>>>> org.yaml.snakeyaml.constructor.Constructor$ConstructMapping.constructJavaBean2ndStep(Constructor.java:299)
>>>>> at
>>>>> org.yaml.snakeyaml.constructor.Constructor$ConstructMapping.construct(Constructor.java:189)
>>>>>  at
>>>>> org.yaml.snakeyaml.constructor.Constructor$ConstructYamlObject.construct(Constructor.java:331)
>>>>> ... 11 more
>>>>> Caused by: org.yaml.snakeyaml.error.YAMLException:
>>>>> java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
>>>>> at
>>>>> org.yaml.snakeyaml.constructor.Constructor$ConstructSequence.construct(Constructor.java:542)
>>>>>  at
>>>>> org.yaml.snakeyaml.constructor.BaseConstructor.constructObject(BaseConstructor.java:182)
>>>>> at
>>>>> org.yaml.snakeyaml.constructor.Constructor$ConstructMapping.constructJavaBean2ndStep(Constructor.java:296)
>>>>>  ... 13 more
>>>>> Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
>>>>> at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native
>>>>> Method)
>>>>>  at
>>>>> sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:57)
>>>>> at
>>>>> sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)
>>>>>  at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:526)
>>>>> at
>>>>> org.yaml.snakeyaml.constructor.Constructor$ConstructSequence.construct(Constructor.java:540)
>>>>>  ... 15 more
>>>>> Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
>>>>> at
>>>>> org.apache.cassandra.config.SeedProviderDef.<init>(SeedProviderDef.java:33)
>>>>>  ... 20 more
>>>>> Invalid yaml
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> I am not sure exactly whats making it to throw NullPointer and halt
>>>>> the process.
>>>>>
>>>>> Expert Advice would be appreciated!
>>>>> URGENT!
>>>>>
>>>>> Thanks!
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>
>

Mime
View raw message