cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Gaurav Bhatnagar <gbhatna...@gmail.com>
Subject do Cassandra generate a event or log containing key value of column when a column expires due to TTL
Date Fri, 22 Aug 2014 11:02:30 GMT
Hi,
    I have stored following data structure in cassandra

RowKey: 119551747098

=> (name=c:per:@batchId, value=ad1, timestamp=1408345109805011, ttl=1436489)

=> (name=c:per:@currency, value=USD, timestamp=1408345109805009,
ttl=1436489)

=> (name=c:per:@decimalValue, value=2, timestamp=1408345109805003,
ttl=1436489)

here Rowkey 119551747098 is a numeric number containing serial number of
data

These columns get expired when ttl value for that column is reached.

I what to generate an audit trail which contains value of RowKey along with
column name and value when they get deleted due to ttl expiration.

I want this audit trail for reconciliation purpose so that I can know which
all RowKeys have got deleted from the system.

Is there any way in cassandra through which I can print value of RowKeys
which get deleted due TTL expiration.

Regards,

Gaurav