cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Umang Shah <>
Subject Re: Bulk load in cassandra
Date Wed, 27 Aug 2014 12:35:06 GMT
Hi Malay,

Yesterday i answered for your question but you didn't replied back whether
it worked for you or not.

Anyways you mean by importing text file into cassandra.

you can do that by following way.

COPY keyspace.columnfamily (column1, column2,...) FROM 'temp.csv' (location
of file);

for directly executing above command your file has to be in cassandra/bin

Umang Shah
Pentaho BI-ETL Developer

On Wed, Aug 27, 2014 at 12:13 PM, Malay Nilabh <
> wrote:

>  Hi
> I installed Cassandra on one node successfully using CLI I am able to add
> a table to the keyspace as well as  retrieve the data from the table. My
> query is if I have text file on my local file system and I want to load on
> Cassandra cluster or you can say bulk load. How can I achieve that. Please
> help me out.
> Regards
> *Malay Nilabh*
> BIDW BU/ Big Data CoE
> L&T Infotech Ltd, Hinjewadi,Pune
> [image: Description: image001]: +91-20-66571746
> [image: Description: Description: Description: Description:
> cid:image002.png@01CF1EAD.959B9290]+91-73-879-00727
> Email:
> *|| Save Paper - Save Trees || *
> The contents of this e-mail and any attachment(s) may contain confidential
> or privileged information for the intended recipient(s). Unintended
> recipients are prohibited from taking action on the basis of information in
> this e-mail and using or disseminating the information, and must notify the
> sender and delete it from their system. L&T Infotech will not accept
> responsibility or liability for the accuracy or completeness of, or the
> presence of any virus or disabling code in this e-mail"

Umang V.Shah

View raw message