cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Clint Kelly <>
Subject cassandra-stress with clustering columns?
Date Sun, 17 Aug 2014 19:26:40 GMT
Hi all,

Is there a way to use the cassandra-stress tool with clustering columns?

I am trying to figure out whether an application that I'm running on
is slow because of my application logic, C* data model, or underlying
C* setup (e.g., I need more nodes or to tune some parameters).

My application uses tables with several clustering columns and a
couple of additional indices and it is running quite slowly under a
heavy write load.  I think that the problem is my data model (and
therefore table layout), but I'd like to confirm by replicating the
problem with cassandra-stress.

I don't see any option for using clustering columns or secondary
indices, but I wanted to check before diving into the code and trying
to add this functionality.

Best regards,

View raw message