cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Mark Reddy <>
Subject Re: question about OpsCenter agent
Date Fri, 15 Aug 2014 06:54:08 GMT
Hi Clint,

You need to configure the datastax-agents so they know what machine
OpsCenter is running on. To do this you will need to edit the address.yaml
of the datastax-agent, located in /var/lib/datastax-agent/conf/. In this
file you need to add the following line:

stomp_interface: <opscenter-ip-address>

This will allow your agents to connect to the OpsCenter server (opscenterd)
over the stomp protocol ( For a more detailed look at the
configuration options available to the datastax-agent see this page:

On Fri, Aug 15, 2014 at 3:32 AM, Clint Kelly <> wrote:

> Hi all,
> I just installed DataStax Enterprise 4.5.  I installed OpsCenter
> Server on one of my four machines.  The port that OpsCenter usually
> uses (8888) was used by something else, so I modified
> /usr/share/opscenter/conf/opscenterd.conf to set the port to 8889.
> When I log into OpsCenter, it says "0 of 4 agents connected."
> I have started datastax-agent on all four of the nodes in my Cassandra
> cluster.  Is there another OpsCenter agent that I have to start?  I'm
> not sure how to fix this.
> I clicked on the "Fix" link and it prompted me "You have nodes that
> need the OpsCenter agent installed."  How do I install the OpsCenter
> agent without using this GUI?  I don't recall getting prompted for
> that when I installed DSE.
> Best regards,
> Clint

View raw message