cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Ken Hancock <ken.hanc...@schange.com>
Subject Re: data type is object when metric instrument using Gauge?
Date Tue, 05 Aug 2014 13:24:10 GMT
If you look at VisualVM metadata, it'll show that what's return is
java.lang.Object which is different than Meters or Counters.

Looking at the source for metrics-core, it seems that this is a "feature"
of Gauges because unlike Meters or Counters, Gauges can be of various types
-- long, double, etc.  Cassandra source sets them up as longs, however the
JMXReporter class in metrics-core always exposes them as Objects.

--
*Ken Hancock *| System Architect, Advanced Advertising
SeaChange International

[image: SeaChange International]
 <http://www.schange.com/>This e-mail and any attachments may contain
information which is SeaChange International confidential. The information
enclosed is intended only for the addressees herein and may not be copied
or forwarded without permission from SeaChange International.